Keep it secure
You won’t be surprised to hear that the majority of vehicle fires are intentionally set to cover up crimes, such as car theft.
For this reason, the best thing you can do is to keep your car secure.
Remember your driving theory test? Don’t forget what you learned:
1. Park your car on your drive, in a garage or in a well-lit area
2. Keep anything valuable locked in your boot, out of sight
3. Close all windows and the sun roof when you leave your car
4. Never forget to lock your car door, even at petrol stations
5. Invest in extra security devices, such as a steering lock